During a recent staff meeting, we worked together to create a list of all the words we would use to describe our Charlotte Montessori team. With Mrs. Formon as our scribe (she has beautiful handwriting!) we compiled the following list:
The next step for us was to come up with three principles we all believed were important to uphold and that we would look to instill in anyone who joined our team in the future.
1. To be unified in Montessori with a professional and passionate dedication.
2. To be encouraging, motivating and caring to team members and families.
3. To be encouraging to diversity and individuality in a supportive environment.
To ensure we are staying true to these principles and our descriptive words, we are monitoring our progress with each principle over a small period of time and then reconvening to discuss our progress. This month, principle #3 is our main priority as we work to continue…
• Bringing out everyone’s strengths
• Encouraging others strengths and feeding off of them
• Listening to “hear” rather than to respond